The Human Touch is owned by licensed and nationally certified massage therapist Jody Brown.
Since 1997, Jody Brown, LMT, has been providing excellent results to clients seeking pain relief and optimal functionality. She is especially proud of her work with college athletes, for whom she develops and delivers individualized therapeutic programs. Reading just a few of the testimonials Jody receives illustrates her specialty of helping people who are desperate for pain relief or injury healing.
This global traveler and life-long learner communicates effectively with people from cultures around the world. Jody often combines her love of travel with opportunities to learn new healing modalities, including extensive in-country training in Thailand. She brings a compassionate heart, strong sensitive hands, and a peaceful presence to her healing arts practice. That thriving practice is complemented by her certifications in personal training, golf fitness (TPI) and functional movement (FMS levels I and II).
I’ve received monthly massage therapy from Jody Brown for about the last 10 years. Jody has traveled the world studying massage techniques. She understands anatomy and is quick to sense areas that need attention. Each of Jody’s massages is varied, therapeutic and enjoyable. She is the best. —Tom M
Jody Brown’s bodywork expertise
Extensive experience in manual therapy, including deep tissue, Swedish, sports
and Thai massage, as well as neuromuscular, trigger point, myofascial, and hot rock
- Successfully work with soft tissue injuries and muscle imbalances to
improve health and enhance quality of life for the client.
- Multi-sport knowledge, assisting athletes from student and amateur to
collegiate and professional levels.
- Contracted to Division I university since 2002 for golf, basketball, cross
country, tennis, soccer, volleyball, and baseball, collaborating with trainers to provide
strategic support to injured athletes and prevent future injuries.
Trusted personal trainer, assisting individuals with fitness routines for maximum
health and performance.
- Ability to work with individuals at all fitness levels, assisting in
creating programs appropriate to the individual’s goals and needs.
- Skilled in functional movement screening to identify body imbalances as
a baseline for recommending corrective exercises.
- Golf fitness training, minimizing pain and increasing mobility.
- Unique ability to both train and provide manual therapy to clients for
coordinated care and optimal results.
- Licensed Massage Therapist, Lifepath School of Massage Therapy, Peoria,
- Board Certified Massage Therapist, National Certification Board for
Therapeutic Massage & Body Work
- Thai Massage Practitioner, Baan Hom Samunphrai School, Thailand
- Functional Movement Systems (FMS), Level I and Level II
- Certified Personal Trainer, Aerobics & Fitness Association of America
- TPI Certified Fitness Golf Professional (Level I), Titleist Performance
Institute, Oceanside, California
Neuromuscular Therapy Training (111 hours total, various U.S. locations):
- Clinical Sports Massage: Rotator Cuff & Shoulder Dysfunction
- Repetitive Strain Injury: Shoulder, Wrist, & Hand Pain
- Advanced Soft Tissue Therapy for the Upper Extremity
- Pain Mechanisms of the Lower Back
- Upper Extremity, Shoulder
- The Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Pain
- Spine and Thorax
- Hip and Thigh
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (46 hours), Chicago, Illinois
- Thai Massage Workshop (60 hours), Baan Hom Samunphrai School,
Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Therapeutic Thai Massage Fundamentals (34 hours), Bedford, New
- Thai Massage Fundamentals (17 hours), Evanston, Illinois
- Thai Traditional Herbal Compress (14 hours), Baan Hom Samunphrai
School, Chaing Mai, Thailand
- Heated Stone Massage Workshop (14 hours), Peoria, Illinois
Professional history—The Human Touch
- Sole proprietor of a thriving massage therapy practice since 1997.
- Launched the practice and built it into a profitable, full-time enterprise within
just two years.
- Develop and deliver individualized therapeutic programs for a broad range of
clients, including golfers, swimmers, runners, triathletes, and other athletes,
as well as non-athletes seeking pain relief and optimal functionality.
- Conduct assessments, analyze issues, and determine the most appropriate
course of action for achieving maximum performance and living.
- Currently serve extensive client list, as well as a Division I university.
- Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
- Aerobics & Fitness Association of America
- Thai Healing Alliance International
- Illinois Valley Striders Building Steam Program: Volunteer group leader
training runners of various fitness levels to prepare for four-mile race.
- Floor to Four Fitness Program: Volunteer trainer and mentor for large Peoria,
Illinois community church’s fitness and four-mile race training program.
- Illinois Elementary School Association State Track Meet: Volunteer
overseer of discus event for eight years.